Upon completion of the SBA Program and CSBA Exam, students will earn the designation of Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA).
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has approved the SBA Program for core Continuing Education Learning Units.
- Canadian Architects are awarded core Continuing Education Learning Units in many provinces.
- The Education Reviewing Body (ERB) of the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has approved the SBA Program for 100 CE hours towards LEED Professional credential maintenance.
- The SBA Program fulfills the LEED Green Associate exam eligibility criteria of an education program that addresses green building principles.
- The USGBC Education Provider Program (EPP) has rated the SBA Program as a Level 400 (Mastery) Program.
Students who complete the Sustainable Building Advisor Program will be able to do the following:
- Identify and discuss the key practices of sustainable building.
- Establish competencies in applying LEED™, Built Green™, and other relevant criteria or established guidelines to the built environment.
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures into a project.
- Take advantage of financial incentives and technical assistance offered by government, utilities, and non-profit organizations.
- Work with architects, designers, builders, building operators, and utilities to improve a building’s performance.
- Establish a sustainable design goal for project development.
- Assist in the education and training of staff in sustainable building.