Campaign Field Organizer
I am seeking campaigns that are interested in creating a thriving, sustainable, cooperative nation by engaging citizens to participate in active leadership roles to influence positive community change.
Maricopa County Democratic Party
September 2005 – Present
- Field Organizer, Voter Registration in LD-16 and on First Friday, 2011-12
- Organizer, Democracy for America Maricopa County
- Phone Banker and Canvasser, Organizing for America Health Care (LD-16)
Arizona Democratic Party
July 2003 – November 2010
- Paid Canvasser, Arizona Coordinated Campaign, Get Out The Vote and Congressional District 3 Voter Registration Drive, 2010, and volunteer 2004-2012
- Paid Field Coordinator, Legislative District 5, 2004
- Assisted in the Organization of the African-American Caucus, Environmental Caucus, Hispanic Caucus, Progressive Caucus and White Mountain Democratic Club
- Elected Precinct Committeeman and State Committee Member, LD 16, 2007-present, and LD 30, 2003-2006
- Arizona Democrat Council, Member, 2006-2009
US Census Bureau
June 2010 – July 2010
- Located listed addresses in the Assignment Area.
- Conducted interviews to determine the status of each address on Census Day.
- Recorded the information provided by the respondent.
Pima County Democratic Party
February 2003 – March 2005
- Joined and planned events for the Nucleus Club, Saguaro Eastside Democrats, and Democrats of the Santa Rita Area
- Appointed to Precinct Committeeman (PC) Recruitment Chair, Platform Committee, PC Training Handbook Committee and Speakers Bureau
- Canvassed and Drove on election day for Pima County Coordinated Campaign
- Hosted and Organized the DNC, Democrats, and Kerry Edwards Meetups
- Joined Democrats of Greater Tucson, and was elected Board Member at Large
Dean for America
March 2003 – March 2004
- Hired as Deputy Southern Arizona Director, Tucson, Arizona
- Co-coordinated Tucson Coordinating Committee efforts in Arizona Legislative District 30
- Coordinated Rallies, Meetups, Southwest Victory Express and Zephyr Teach Out events.
- Coordinated campaign canvases, phone banks, events and Primary Day efforts.
- Organized buses to rallies and coordinated campaign staff and volunteers en route to Arizona.
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, Missouri
Bachelor of Arts Major in Architecture
August 1992 – December 1996
- Enrolled in courses that meet the NAAB requirements for a 4 year pre-professional liberal arts degree with a concentration in Architecture.
- Educated through the Bauhaus method of experience through doing, designing studio projects with an urban focus towards the revitalization of St. Louis and its inner suburbs.
- Attended visiting lecturers within the architecture, art and liberal arts schools.
- Enrolled in liberal arts course work with concentrations in anthropology, archeology, physical sciences, art and architectural history, and history.
- Enrolled in additional course work in painting, printmaking and drawing within the School of Art.
Certificates in Sustainability and Revit
March 2010 – August 2011
- Enrolled in professional development, Certificate, non-credit coursework in Revit and sustainability.
- Learned how to design, build and maintain buildings sustainably in the unique Sonoran Desert region.
- Developed a regenerative vision for the abandoned Mervyn’s store at Camelback Colonade, where it could serve as a business incubator for future urban development in the Biltmore Area.
- $5.15 Isn’t Working, Steering Committee Member
- Clark for Arizona Corporation Commission, Southern Arizona Campaign Consultant
- Goddard for Governor, Organizers of Architects for Goddard Organizer
- Jeff Chimene for United States House of Representatives, Campaign Consultant
- Ken Clark for Arizona Senate (LD-15), Canvasser
- Manoil for Arizona Corporation Commission, Consultant
- Marty Represents You, Martin Drozdoff for Arizona LD-26, Paid Canvasser
- Paine for Congress, Organizer
- Ruben Gallego for Arizona (LD-16), Driver, Consultant and Canvasser
- Sharif for LD-30, Organizer
- Stanton for Mayor, Volunteer Canvasser and Fundraising coordinator for AIA Phoenix Metro
- Stuart Starkey For United States Senate, Southern Arizona Campaign Consultant
- Tom Volgy for Mayor Campaign, Canvasser
- Trinity for Chandler, Volunteer
- Tucson Link, Petition Gatherer and Campaigner
- Woods for Tempe, Supporter
- Pastor for Congress, Canvasser
- Coordinated an Arizona media swing for the Concord Coalition
Young Democrats of America
- Young Democrats of Arizona, Member + Organizer, 2003-2008
- Attended YDAz Conferences 2004-2008
- Attended YDA meeting in Anaheim, Ca
American Institute of Architects
- AIA Arizona and Phoenix Metro ArchiPAC, Organizer and Event Coordinator, 2006-Present
- Government and Community Affairs Committee, Coordinator, 2012, AIA Phoenix Metro
- Intern Associate Committee, AIA Houston and AIA New Orleans
- Sustainable Housing Prototype for Habitat for Humanity and LEED Houston Series, Committee on the Environment, AIA Houston, Developer
- ‘Reviving the City’s Faded Heart Charette and Historic Neighborhood Tours, AIA St. Louis
US Green Building Council
- Sierra Club, Cool Cities Initiative, USGBC Organizer, 2009-Present
- Legislative Liaison, Arizona Chapter Advocacy Committee, 2006-present, Vice-Chair Central Branch Advocacy Committee, 2008-10, and National Advocacy Committee, Participant, 2006-present
- Arizona Chapter Central Branch Governing Council, 2010-present
- The Green Chamber, Policy Committee Adjunct Member, 2009-Present
- Old North St. Louis Housing Re-Hab and Charette, Olive-Lindell Bath Path Corridor, City Development Tours and The Lot, Living Environments Committee, Metropolis St. Louis
- St. Louis 2004 Forum Participant
- Downtown Now! , Discussion Team Leader
- Get Your PHX
- Radiate Phoenix