|Fourward Architecture 2009 – Present
Independent Community Development Entrepreneur
* Assessed, surveyed and drafted existing conditions for a mission revival designed home for LuPe Design and Herb Hacker, AIA.
* Collaborated with three talent architects to develop a new architecture and urban design firm: Fourward Architecture.
* Researched financial resources to create business & fund projects, by networking at small business round tables & Chambers of Commerce, developing strategic allegiances to develop teams for competition and larger projects.
* Represented the client while having their landscape reworked.
* Reviewed completed projects to assure compliance with rebate programs.
|Arizona Democratic Party 2004 – Present
Regional Political Campaign Consultant
* Canvassed door to door to register voters and get out the vote for 2010 campaign.
* Field Organized Democrats in Arizona’s Legislative District 5 during 2004 Campaign.
* Organized, trained and collected signatures for Democratic Candidates for public office and Precinct Committeemen
* Organized & wrote the By-Laws for the White Mountain Democratic Club
* Mediated a dispute between the Northern Gila County & Miami-Globe Democratic Clubs
|Romanoski Glass 2011 – 2011
Construction Business Development Manager
* Directed business development in the Arizona, El Paso, Los Angeles and New Mexico markets, tabling at professional society meetings.
* Established relationships with architects and general contractors, developing portfolio presentations to demonstrate our capabilities for design assist expertise in division 8 assemblies.
* Represented the Major Industries product line in the Southern California market, giving innovated strategies for day-lighting lunch & learn presentations.
* Developed a plan for the redesign of the website for marketing
* Resolved bid communications issues
|US Census Bureau 2010 – 2010
* Located listed addresses in the Assignment Area.
* Conducted interviews to determine the status of each address on Census Day.
* Recorded the information provided by the respondent.
|Jacobs Engineering 2007 – 2009
Retail Architectural Job Captain
* Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for military clients in Texas and South Carolina.
* Researched RFPs, attending proposal meetings.
* Directed, trained and developed new and existing production staff to design and create construction documents for retail roll out programs and retail centers.
* Modified prototype design to meet local buildings codes & design review comments, coordinating changes with consultant engineers
* Researched & produced entitlement documentation
|Cawley Architects, Inc. 2005 – 2007
Design-Build Project Manager
* Managed the design and construction documentation of turnkey light commercial, industrial and retail projects: reviewing drawings and coordinating consultants.
* Attended jurisdictional meetings with the clients, to ensure compliance.
* Master planned multi-building complexes
* Managed the firm’s first 5 story steel structure, working closely with the structural engineer.
|America Coming Together 2004 – 2004
Political Campaign Field Canvasser
* Phoned targeted voters.
* Canvassed targeted voters micro-targeted to get out the vote.
* Conducted interviews and recorded provided information.
|Dean For America 2003 – 2004
Deputy Southern Arizona Campaign Coordinator
* Volunteered on the Southern Arizona Coordination Committee, organizing fundraisers & speaking for the campaign at events.
* Coordinated campaign canvas walks, phone banks, events and Presidential Preference Primary day canvasing.
* Organized bus trips to campaign events.
* Coordinated volunteers & campaign staff coming to Arizona.
* Organized the largest political rally in Pima County to that point.
|Rob Paulus, Architect 2003 – 2003
Project Architectural Design Detailer
* Engaged in residential, commercial, and Urban Redevelopment projects.
* Drafted mechanical and electrical designs for single family dwellings, coordinating with licensed engineers.
* Designed & developed construction documents.
* Documented, site surveyed & field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes.
* Conducted the city submittal process.
|Watkins Hamilton Ross Architects 2000 – 2002
Higher Education Architectural Intern
* Programmed, space planned, designed and documented projects for public and private universities throughout Texas.
* Coordinated CAD files, layering, & pen weights between consultants to develop CAD standards for review and Coordination.
* Assessed & surveyed existing conditions.
* Contract Administered projects under construction.
* Obtained and assembled data from product representatives to complete architectural designs
|The Mathes Group 1999 – 2000
Bellsouth Collocation Project Manager
Now Mathes Brierre Architects
* Managed the space planning, design, contract documents and close out procedures for the Bellsouth collocation program, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 3 hours, through improving technology and facility data.
* Documented and scanned important projects from the firms extensive portfolio in order to design project winning marketing proposals, site-selection seminar hand outs and compose entry boards for state AIA awards programs.
* Developed procedures to translate and convert CAD files from associated firms to meet our CAD standards.
* Site surveyed buildings & parking facilities for renovation, developing 3-d models for design study.
* Created 3-D CAD models to base renderings for a competition entry.
|Olde New Orleans Design Group 1998 – 1999
Residential Design-Build Draftsman
* Designed lighting, electrical and framing layouts.
* Documented and designed single family “Southern Style” custom design-build homes.
* Developed and maintained marketing materials and CAD Library.
* Researched & Developed rigid metal frame residential construction prototypes for the harsh Gulf Coast environment.
* Designed model homes for a subdivision.
|DAS 20 1996 – 1996
Graphic Design Desktop Publisher
* Assembled images and documents in Quark Xpress for the partners final dissertation presentation materials.
* Photo manipulation completed with PhotoShop.
* Desktop published the dissertation in PageMaker 6.0 for publication Assemblage Journal.
|Christner Inc. 1996 – 1998
Corporate-Education Architectural Intern
* Developed construction documents, space plans, material and finish schedules and colored pencil renderings.
* Created a Continuing Education program involving Architectural tours, lectures, and videos.
* Established CAD standards, reviewing Softdesk 8.
* Made bluelines.
* Constructed CAD models as a base for hand renderings.
|Adrian Luchini 1996 – 1996
Residential Design AutoCAD Technician
* Part time work for a professor while in school.
* Drafted CAD models & drawings.
* Completed work in AutoCAD 12 for windows.
|Franklin Associates Architects, inc. 1993 – 1993
Summer Architectural Intern
* Participated in a summer Internship in Architecture and Planning.
* Researched & designed a window arrangement to reveal a spiral staircase.
* Constructed study models
* Field Surveyed existing conditions to meet new ADA requirements.
* Hand lettered Drawings.
|Washington University in St. Louis 1992 – 1996
College Work Study Positions
Office Assistant to the School of (Fine) Art(s) Dean’s Assistant:
* Filed and maintained confidential information, including payroll, regarding donors, alumni, faculty, staff and students
* Prepared event, fund raising and recruitment mailings.
* Created a system to sort, file, preserve & destroy documents in the school’s archives
School of Architecture Shop Monitor:
* Instructed and assisted students in the proper use of shop equipment
* Inventoried, cleaned and maintained equipment.
* Designed and constructed 1 permanent and 12 relocatable computer workstations, multiple steel cubic modular table stands, 3 replica and 3 refurbished conference tables.
* Cleaned, maintained and refurbished: studio desks, lockers, pinup boards, tables, chairs, stools, table stands and lecture hall seating.
Earth & Planetary Sciences Library Draftsman:
* Documented existing conditions of the Earth 7 Planetary Sciences Library
* Provided drawings to assist the Library’s space planning effort.
1996 Presidential Debate Commission Graphic Artist:
* Drafted maps of the Washington University Athletic Complex to be included with attendee packets for the 1996 Presidential Debate to be held on campus. The debate did not occur.
|Southern Temp 1992 – 1992
On Call Contract Laborer
* Maintained Landscape and cleaned industrial facility
* Cleaned up a Hazardous Material spill
* Performed logistics as a Shipping Clerk for a local clothing company