Peter Newton, Associate AIA, CSBA
901 E Van Buren St., #2039, Phoenix, AZ 85006
An aspiring architect, designing creative and contemplative spaces through client participation. Experienced in project management, architecture, construction, planning, public policy, urban design, community creation, and sustainability. Organized meetings to discuss issues pertinent to projects and community involvement. My portfolio includes places where people live, work, contemplate, educate and play. Participated in International competitions and community design charrettes. Developed professional development programs for offices, AIA and USGBC Chapters. Lectured on architecture, urban revitalization, sustainability, and professional development.
- Microsoft Office
- Architectural Design
- Classroom Instruction
- Graphic Design
- Event Planning
- Community Relations
- Volunteer Management
- Business Planning
- Account Management
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Conference Coordination
- OSHA 10
Certified Sustainable Building Adviser
Community Liaison-Business Development Manager, Romanoski Glass & Mirror, 2011 Phoenix, Arizona
- Directed business development in the Arizona, El Paso, Los Angeles and New Mexico markets, tabling at professional society meetings.
- Established relationships with architects and general contractors, developing portfolio presentations to demonstrate our capabilities for design assist expertise in division 8 assemblies.
- Represented the Major Industries product line in the Southern California market, giving innovated strategies for day-lighting lunch & learn presentations.
- Developed a plan for the redesign of the website for marketing
- Resolved bid communications issues
Architectural Job Captain, Jacobs Engineering (formerly Carter & Burgess), 2007 � 2009, Phoenix, Arizona
- Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for military clients in Texas and South Carolina.
- Researched RFPs, attending proposal meetings.
- Directed, trained and developed new and existing production staff to design and create construction documents for retail roll out programs and retail centers.
- Modified prototype design to meet local buildings codes & design review comments, coordinating changes with consultant engineers
- Researched & produced entitlement documentation
Project Manager II, Cawley Architects, 2005 � 2007 Phoenix, Arizona
- Managed the design and construction documentation of turnkey light commercial, industrial and retail projects: reviewing drawings and coordinating consultants.
- Attended jurisdictional meetings with the clients, to ensure compliance.
- Master planned multi-building complexes
- Managed the firm’s first 5 story steel structure, working closely with the structural engineer.
Architectural Technician, Rob Paulus Architect, Ltd., 2003 Tucson, Arizona
Architectural Intern III, Watkins Hamilton Ross Architects, 2000-2002 Houston, Texas
Architectural Intern II, The Mathes Group, Inc, currently Mathes-Brierre Architects 1999-2000 New Orleans, Louisiana
Architectural Draughtsman, Olde New Orleans Design Group, Inc, 1998-1999 Harvey, Louisiana
Architectural Intern I, Christner, Inc, 1996-1998 Clayton, Missouri
Washington University in St. Louis,Bachelor of Arts, Architecture,1996
- Enrolled in courses that meet the NAAB requirements for a 4 year pre-professional liberal arts degree with a concentration in Architecture.
- Enrolled in liberal arts course work with concentrations in anthropology, archeology, physical sciences, art and architectural history, and history.
- Enrolled in additional course work in painting, printmaking and drawing within the School of Art.
Phoenix College, Certificate, Sustainability, Revit 2010 � 2011
- Enrolled in professional development, Certificate, non-credit coursework in Revit and sustainability.
- Taught how to design, build and maintain buildings sustainably in the unique Sonoran Desert region.
- Developed a regenerative vision for the abandoned Mervyn’s store at Camelback Colonade, where it could serve as a business incubator for future urban development in the Biltmore Area.
- American Institute of Architects, Associate Member, March 1997 to Present
- USGBC Arizona Chapter, Central Branch Governing Council, July 2006 to Present
- Project Management Institute, Member, 2010 to Present
- National Trust for Historic Preservation, Member, 1997 to Present
- Modern Phoenix, Volunteer, 2007 to Present
- Networking Phoenix, Passport Member, October 2010 to Present
- Rice Design Alliance, Member, 2000 to 2002
- Preservation Resource Center, Member, 1998 to 2000
- Metropolis St. Louis, Member and Organizer, 1997 to 1998
- Landmarks Association, Member, 1997 to 1998