Construction Business Development Manager • Jan – Jul 2011 • Burbank, California
* Directed business development in the Arizona, El Paso, Los Angeles and New Mexico markets, tabling at professional society meetings. * Established relationships with architects and general contractors, developing portfolio presentations to demonstrate our capabilities for design assist expertise in division 8 assemblies. * Represented the Major Industries product line in the Southern California market, giving innovated strategies for day-lighting lunch & learn presentations. * Developed a plan for the redesign of the website for marketing * Resolved bid communications issues
Regional Political Campaign Consultant • Apr – May 2010 • Phoenix, Arizona
* Canvassed door to door to register voters and get out the vote for 2010 campaign. * Field Organized Democrats in Arizona’s Legislative District 5 during 2004 Campaign. * Organized, trained and collected signatures for Democratic Candidates for public office and Precinct Committeemen * Organized & wrote the By-Laws for the White Mountain Democratic Club * Mediated a dispute between the Northern Gila County & Miami-Globe Democratic Clubs
Independent Community Development Entrepreneur • Nov 2009 – Present •Phoenix, Arizona
* Assessed, surveyed and drafted existing conditions for a mission revival designed home for LuPe Design and Herb Hacker, AIA. * Collaborated with three talent architects to develop a new architecture and urban design firm: Fourward Architecture. * Researched financial resources to create business & fund projects, by networking at small business round tables & Chambers of Commerce, developing strategic allegiances to develop teams for competition and larger projects. * Represented the client while having their landscape reworked. * Reviewed completed projects to assure compliance with rebate programs.
Retail Architectural Job Captain • Sep 2007 – Aug 2009 • Phoenix, Arizona
Carter and Burgess was acquired by Jacobs Engineering in late 2007. * Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for military clients in Texas and South Carolina. * Researched RFPs, attending proposal meetings. * Directed, trained and developed new and existing production staff to design and create construction documents for retail roll out programs and retail centers. * Modified prototype design to meet local buildings codes & design review comments, coordinating changes with consultant engineers * Researched & produced entitlement documentation
Design Build Project Manager • Apr 2005 – Sep 2007 • Phoenix, Arizona
* Managed the design and construction documentation of turnkey light commercial, industrial and retail projects: reviewing drawings and coordinating consultants. * Attended jurisdictional meetings with the clients, to ensure compliance. * Master planned multi-building complexes * Managed the firm’s first 5 story steel structure, working closely with the structural engineer.
Political canvasser • Sep – Oct 2004 • Tucson, Arizona
* Phoned targeted voters. * Canvassed targeted voters micro-targeted to get out the vote. * Conducted interviews and recorded provided information.
Southern Arizona Deputy Field Director • Jun 2003 – Feb 2004 • Tucson, Arizona
* Volunteered on the Southern Arizona Coordination Committee, organizing fundraisers & speaking for the campaign at events. * Coordinated campaign canvas walks, phone banks, events and Presidential Preference Primary day canvasing. * Organized bus trips to campaign events. * Coordinated volunteers & campaign staff coming to Arizona. * Organized the largest political rally in Pima County to that point.
Project Architectural Design Detailer • Feb – Jun 2003 • Tucson, Arizona
* Engaged in residential, commercial, and Urban Redevelopment projects. * Drafted mechanical and electrical designs for single family dwellings, coordinating with licensed engineers. * Designed & developed construction documents. * Documented, site surveyed & field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes. * Conducted the city submittal process.
Higher Education Architectural Intern • Sep 2000 – Aug 2002 • Houston, Texas
* Programmed, space planned, designed and documented projects for public and private universities throughout Texas. * Coordinated CAD files, layering, & pen weights between consultants to develop CAD standards for review and Coordination. * Assessed & surveyed existing conditions. * Contract Administered projects under construction. * Obtained and assembled data from product representatives to complete architectural designs
Bellsouth Collocation Project Manager • Apr 1999 – Jun 2000 • New Orleans, Louisiana
Now Mathes Brierre Architects * Managed the space planning, design, contract documents and close out procedures for the Bellsouth collocation program, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 3 hours, through improving technology and facility data. * Documented and scanned important projects from the firms extensive portfolio in order to design project winning marketing proposals, site-selection seminar hand outs and compose entry boards for state AIA awards programs. * Developed procedures to translate and convert CAD files from associated firms to meet our CAD standards. * Site surveyed buildings & parking facilities for renovation, developing 3-d models for design study. * Created 3-D CAD models to base renderings for a competition entry.
Residential Design-Build Draftsman • Oct 1998 – Mar 1999 • New Orleans, Louisiana
* Designed lighting, electrical and framing layouts. * Documented and designed single family “Southern Style” custom design-build homes. * Developed and maintained marketing materials and CAD Library. * Researched & Developed rigid metal frame residential construction prototypes for the harsh Gulf Coast environment. * Designed model homes for a subdivision.
Corporate-Education Architectural Intern • Sep 1996 – Jun 1998 • Saint Louis, Missouri
* Developed construction documents, space plans, material and finish schedules and colored pencil renderings. * Created a Continuing Education program involving Architectural tours, lectures, and videos. * Established CAD standards, reviewing Softdesk 8. * Made bluelines. * Constructed CAD models as a base for hand renderings.
Graphic Design / Desktop Publisher • Sep – Nov 1996 • St. Louis, Missouri
* Assembled images and documents in Quark Xpress for the partners final dissertation presentation materials. * Photo manipulation completed with PhotoShop. * Desktop published the dissertation in PageMaker 6.0 for publication Assemblage Journal.
College Work Study Positions • Aug 1992 – Sep 1996 • St. Louis, Missouri
Office Assistant to the School of (Fine) Art(s) Dean’s Assistant: * Filed and maintained confidential information, including payroll, regarding donors, alumni, faculty, staff and students * Prepared event, fund raising and recruitment mailings. * Created a system to sort, file, preserve & destroy documents in the school’s archives School of Architecture Shop Monitor: * Instructed and assisted students in the proper use of shop equipment * Inventoried, cleaned and maintained equipment. * Designed and constructed 1 permanent and 12 relocatable computer workstations, multiple steel cubic modular table stands, 3 replica and 3 refurbished conference tables. * Cleaned, maintained and refurbished: studio desks, lockers, pinup boards, tables, chairs, stools, table stands and lecture hall seating. Earth & Planetary Sciences Library Draftsman: * Documented existing conditions of the Earth 7 Planetary Sciences Library * Provided drawings to assist the Library’s space planning effort. 1996 Presidential Debate Commission Graphic Artist: * Drafted maps of the Washington University Athletic Complex to be included with attendee packets for the 1996 Presidential Debate to be held on campus. The debate did not occur.
Drafter • Aug 1996 • St. Louis, Missouri
* Part time work for a professor while in school. * Drafted CAD models & drawings. * Completed work in AutoCAD 12 for windows.
Summer Architectural Intern • Jun – Aug 1993 • Chattanooga, Tennessee
* Participated in a summer Internship in Architecture and Planning. * Researched & designed a window arrangement to reveal a spiral staircase. * Constructed study models * Field Surveyed existing conditions to meet new ADA requirements. * Hand lettered Drawings.
On Call Contract Laborer • Jun – Aug 1992 • Chattanooga, Tennessee
* Maintained Landscape and cleaned industrial facility * Cleaned up a Hazardous Material spill * Performed logistics as a Shipping Clerk for a local clothing company