This unit provides a foundation for understanding the issues that contribute to poor indoor environmental quality (IEQ), and an overview of the benefits of and strategies for achieving good IEQ. The unit’s learning objectives will help students to:
- Explain the human health and well-being, environmental, and economic benefits of good IEQ.
- Recognize, evaluate and control common indoor air pollutants and their impact on IEQ.
- Understand common barriers, implementation challenges and solutions to achieving good indoor air quality.
- Recognize the IEQ resources available through green building programs.
- Leverage mechanical and natural ventilation system design strategies.