- Write a structured business document so that it contains the essential elements of style and presents the intended message to the receiver.
- You don’t have to be an English major to write effectively. Today’s word processing software includes checks for grammar and spelling, often with suggestions for changes. Your goal as a writer is to come up with the content and format it in a clear, organized fashion that the reader can understand. Applying the essential elements of style to your writing will ensure that you write precise, meaningful business documents.
- Write an effective business letter so that it contains the essential elements of style and communicates its intended purpose to the recipient.
- The business letter is one of the most used types of business documents. While it is true that email is popular, a letter is still the best way to formally communicate to another company, a client, members of an organization, or in any situation where you need to be professional.
- Write an effective memo so that it matches the communication purpose.
- The memo, short for memorandum, is a written note used for internal communication in the workplace. With the popularity of email, the notion of a memo seems quaint and old-fashioned. However, there are still situations where a memo is the best form of communication.
- Write a report so that it contains the essential elements of an effective report in response to a specific business need.
- A report is usually a long document, over three pages, created in response to a specific need. Reports are composed of facts discovered through research and analysis, and they typically end with a conclusion or recommendation. Before you can write an effective report, you need to gather, analyze, and organize your data.