Architectural Job Captain
Architect In Training
Telecommunication Collocation Project Coordinator
Residential Design-Build Draftsman
AutoCAD Modeler and Drafter
$50,000 per salaried
United States – Minnesota – Minneapolis
United States – Washington – Seattle
United States – California – Los Angeles
United States – Oregon – Portland
Government & Military
Peter Newton, Associate AIA, CSBA, PMP
901 E Van Buren St., #2039
Phoenix, AZ 85006
An aspiring architect, designing creative and contemplative spaces through client participation. Experienced in project management, architecture, construction, planning, public policy, urban design, community creation, and sustainability. Organized meetings to discuss issues pertinent to projects and community involvement. My portfolio includes places where people live, work, contemplate, educate and play. Participated in International competitions and community design charrettes. Developed professional development programs for offices, AIA and USGBC Chapters. Lectured on architecture, urban revitalization, sustainability, and professional development.
- AutoCAD Expert
- Microsoft Office extensive use
- Architectural Design
- Professional Leadership
- Strong Communication
- Classroom Instruction
- Graphic Design
- Education Program Development
- Community Relations
- Volunteer Management
- Business Planning
- Account Management
- Construction Management
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- Business Development
- OSHA 10
- Sustainable Building Adviser
Independent Architectural Entrepreneur and Event Organizer,Fourward Architecture, September 2009 – Present, Phoenix, Arizona Area
- Assessed, surveyed and drafted existing conditions for a mission revival designed home for LuPe Design and Herb Hacker, AIA.
- Collaborated with three talent architects to develop a new architecture and urban design firm: Fourward Architecture.
- Researched financial resources to create business & fund projects, by networking at small business round tables & Chambers of Commerce, developing strategic allegiances to develop teams for competition and larger projects.
- Represented the client while having their landscape reworked.
- Reviewed completed projects to assure compliance with rebate programs.
Community Liaison-Business Development Manager, Romanoski Glass & Mirror, 2011 Phoenix, Arizona
- Directed business development in the Arizona, El Paso, Los Angeles and New Mexico markets, tabling at professional society meetings.
- Established relationships with architects and general contractors, developing portfolio presentations to demonstrate our capabilities for design assist expertise in division 8 assemblies.
- Represented the Major Industries product line in the Southern California market, giving innovated strategies for day-lighting lunch & learn presentations.
- Developed a plan for the redesign of the website for marketing
- Resolved bid communications issues
Architectural Job Captain, Jacobs Engineering (formerly Carter & Burgess), 2007 – 2009, Phoenix, Arizona
- Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for military clients in Texas and South Carolina.
- Researched RFPs, attending proposal meetings.
- Directed, trained and developed new and existing production staff to design and create construction documents for retail roll out programs and retail centers.
- Modified prototype design to meet local buildings codes & design review comments, coordinating changes with consultant engineers
- Researched & produced entitlement documentation
Project Manager II, Cawley Architects, 2005 – 2007 Phoenix, Arizona
- Managed the design and construction documentation of turnkey light commercial, industrial and retail projects: reviewing drawings and coordinating consultants.
- Attended jurisdictional meetings with the clients, to ensure compliance.
- Master planned multi-building complexes
- Managed the firm’s first 5 story steel structure, working closely with the structural engineer.
Architectural Technician, Rob Paulus Architect, Ltd., 2003 Tucson, Arizona
- Engaged in residential, commercial, and Urban Redevelopment projects.
- Drafted mechanical and electrical designs for single family dwellings, coordinating with licensed engineers.
- Designed & developed construction documents.
- Documented, site surveyed & field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes.
- Conducted the city submittal process.
Architectural Intern III, Watkins Hamilton Ross Architects, 2000-2002 Houston, Texas
- Programmed, space planned, designed and documented projects for public and private universities throughout Texas.
- Coordinated CAD files, layering, & pen weights between consultants to develop CAD standards for review and Coordination.
- Assessed & surveyed existing conditions.
- Contract Administered projects under construction.
- Obtained and assembled data from product representatives to complete architectural designs
Architectural Intern II, The Mathes Group, Inc, currently Mathes-Brierre Architects 1999-2000 New Orleans, Louisiana
- Managed the space planning, design, contract documents and close out procedures for the Bellsouth collocation program, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 3 hours, through improving technology and facility data.
- Documented and scanned important projects from the firms extensive portfolio in order to design project winning marketing proposals, site-selection seminar hand outs and compose entry boards for state AIA awards programs.
- Developed procedures to translate and convert CAD files from associated firms to meet our CAD standards.
- Site surveyed buildings & parking facilities for renovation, developing 3-d models for design study.
- Created 3-D CAD models to base renderings for a competition entry.
Architectural Draughtsman, Olde New Orleans Design Group, Inc, 1998-1999 Harvey, Louisiana
- Designed lighting, electrical and framing layouts.
- Documented and designed single family “Southern Style” custom design-build homes.
- Developed and maintained marketing materials and CAD Library.
- Researched & Developed rigid metal frame residential construction prototypes for the harsh Gulf Coast environment.
- Designed model homes for a subdivision.
Architectural Intern I, Christner, Inc, 1996-1998 Clayton, Missouri
- Developed construction documents, space plans, material and finish schedules and colored pencil renderings.
- Created a Continuing Education program involving Architectural tours, lectures, and videos.
- Established CAD standards, reviewing Softdesk 8.
- Made blue lines.
- Constructed CAD models as a base for hand renderings.
Washington University in St. Louis,Bachelor of Arts, Architecture,1996
Enrolled in courses that meet the NAAB requirements for a 4 year pre-professional liberal arts degree with a concentration in Architecture.
- Educated through the Bauhaus method of experience through doing, designing studio projects with an urban focus towards the revitalization of St. Louis and its inner suburbs.
- Attended visiting lecturers within the architecture, art and liberal arts schools.
- Enrolled in liberal arts course work with concentrations in anthropology, archeology, physical sciences, art and architectural history, and history.
- Enrolled in additional course work in painting, printmaking and drawing within the School of Art.
Phoenix College, Certificate,Sustainability, Revit 2010 – 2011
- Enrolled in professional development, Certificate, non-credit coursework in Revit and sustainability.
- Learned how to design, build and maintain buildings sustainably in the unique Sonoran Desert region.
- Developed a regenerative vision for the abandoned Mervyn’s store at Camelback Colonade, where it could serve as a business incubator for future urban development in the Biltmore Area.