Independent ServicesSeptember 2009 – February 2014 (4 years 5 months) • Phoenix, AZ
• Documented existing conditions for separate renovation projects for LuPe Design and Herb Hacker, AIA.
• Researched the means and methods to create and market a new architecture partnership, Fourward Architecture.
• Developed lease stacking plans for a speculative mixed use project for Proteus West.
• Reviewed completed projects to assure compliance with rebate programs.
Corestaff Services, LPOctober 2013 – December 2013 (2 months) • Tempe, Arizona
Democratic PartyFebruary 2003 – November 2012 (9 years 9 months) • Phoenix, AZ
• Field Organizer of Precinct Committeeman in Arizona Legislative District 5 in 2004.
• Developed, designed and arranged training materials and sessions across Southern Arizona.
• Judged random hand count sample of the 2012 State of Arizona Presidential Preference Election to verify Electronic Results.
Romanoski Glass & MirrorFebruary 2011 – July 2011 (5 months) • Phoenix, AZ
• Design and delivered portfolio presentations for interviewing with General Contractors. The presentations led to the immediate generation of bidding opportunities.
• Researched, prioritized and created a calendar of conferences and professional meetings to create a marketing schedule for senior staff to build relationships with existing and new clients.
• Resolved bid communication problem that were causing Romanoski to miss out on project opportunities. Refined bid room searches to generate more appropriate responses and coordinated contact information
that was clear and direct.
US 2010 Census ProjectJune 2010 – June 2010 () • Phoenix, Arizona
Jacobs Engineering CompanySeptember 2007 – August 2009 (1 years 11 months) • Phoenix, AZ
• Mitigated a mutually agreeable solution to a FDC issue between the Fire Marshall, contractor and the architectural design.
• Trained and mentored staff in facilities assessment and surveys, receiving commendations from Armstrong Development for our thoroughness.
• Received commendations from CVS/pharmacy for our thoroughness in facilities assessment and surveys of stores acquired through mergers with other pharmacies.
Cawley ArchitectsApril 2005 – September 2007 (2 years 5 months) • Phoenix, AZ
• Attended jurisdictional staff and public meetings for the client, to ensure compliance with city requirements and resolution of public issues.
• Master planned several multi-building complexes, creating a coherent and comprehensive sense of place.
• Managed the firm’s only 5 story steel structure, designed to maximize the leasable Class A office space and structural efficiency.
America Coming TogtherSeptember 2004 – October 2004 (1 months) • Tucson, Arizona
Dean for AmericaFebruary 2003 – February 2004 (1 years ) • Tucson, AZ
• Arranged transportation to campaign and Democratic Party events, now a staple of the Pima County Party, and for the Southwestern Voter Express.
• Designed and produced district and voter specific messages and campaign literature.
• Organized the largest political rally in Pima County to that point.
Rob Paulus ArchitectFebruary 2003 – June 2003 (4 months) • Tucson, AZ
• Documented, site surveyed and field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes
• Designed details for a multi-building office condominium complex to serve as a prototype.
• Resolved design issues for the conversion of a historic Fraternity facility into apartments.
Watkins Hamilton RossSeptember 2000 – August 2002 (1 years 11 months) • Houston, TX
• Coordinated CAD layering and pen weights, and documents on firm’s FTP site for a 170,000 gsf science and research laboratory at the University of Texas.
• Resolved a dimensional issue for a laboratory tenant improvement through forensic investigation of documents. Resolution was to reduce the size of a researcher’s office space.
• Developed a mentoring program involving site visits, travelogues and exhibition tours.
The Mathes GroupMarch 1999 – June 2000 (1 years 3 months) • New Orleans, LA
• Managed the Bellsouth collocation program, of nearly 500 projects, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 1 day, by improving communications and the quality of our documents.
• Documented important projects from the firm’s extensive portfolio to design project winning marketing materials.
• Designed a 3-D CAD model to base marker rendering perspectives for a competition.
Olde New Orleans Design Group, Inc.October 1998 – March 1999 (5 months) • Harvey, LA
• Developed and maintained CAD Library of most common details to improve productivity.
• Researched rigid steel frame construction and adapted the technology to match our New Orleans based aesthetic.
• Designed model homes for a subdivision.
Christner, Inc.September 1996 – June 1998 (1 years 9 months) • Clayton, Missouri
• Created a continuing education and mentoring program involving architectural tours, lectures, and discussions around PBS videos .
• Established CAD standards as organization switched from AES to AutoCAD R13. Reviewed Softdesk 8.
• Identified and photographed key sustainable design elements for a Grant reporting.
DAS 20September 1996 – November 1996 (2 months) • Saint Louis, Missouri
Adrian LuchiniAugust 1996 – September 1996 (1 months) • Saint Louis, Missouri
Washington University in St. LouisAugust 1992 – August 1996 (4 years ) • Saint Louis, Missouri
Filed and maintained confidential donor, alumni, staff and students records. Developed a process to review the school’s archives for preservation or destruction.
• Shop Monitor, School of Architecture, 1994 – 1996
Instructed students in the proper use of shop tools. Inventoried, cleaned and maintained shop equipment and studio furniture. Designed, fabricated and refurbished: computer workstations, steel table stands, conference tables and lecture hall seating.
• Draftsman, Earth & Planetary Sciences Library, 1996
Documented existing conditions of the Earth & Planetary Sciences Library.
• Graphic Artist, Presidential Debate Commission, 1996
Drafted maps of the Athletic Complex for participants. The debate did not occur.
Franklin Associates ArchitectsJune 1993 – August 1993 (2 months) • Chattanooga, Tennessee
Southern TempJune 1992 – August 1992 (2 months) • Chattanooga, Tennessee
Expand your love of art in these classes taught by Museum curators, university professors, and accomplished artists.
Join us in the galleries each week for lively and informative talks by curators, academic scholars, artists, and other experts.
• Phoenix College, Professional Development, Revit, Phoenix, AZ, 2010
Developed a professional development, non-credit, Revit Boot Camp with the City of Phoenix, AIA Phoenix Metro and Phoenix College.
• Phoenix Workforce Connection, Certificates, Phoenix, AZ, 2010
Explored new career opportunities through career advisement, resume preparation, and job readiness workshops.
• Interviewed potential candidates for Dean and Chair faculty positions at the School of Architecture.
• Delegate to American Institute of Architecture Students Council of Presidents, Washington University Chapter, 1993
• Participated in Alternative Spring Break and similar community service programs.
• Organized and managed an environmental club that raised funds for science equipment through recycling drives.
• Planted trees in downtown Chattanooga and worked on other community service projects for school.
- Cross Organizational Team building
- AutoDesk AutoCAD
- Desktop Publishing
- Graphic Design – Print and Electronic
- Social Networking
- Graphic Design/Art
- Public Communication
- Microsoft Office
- Architectural Design
- Organizational Leadership
- Event Organization
- Business Development
- Communication Skills
- Account Management
- Interpret blueprints & project drawings
- Project/team leadership
- Microsoft Project
- Project Management
- Sustainable Design
- Sales Presentations
- historical and political research
- Conference Planning
- Business travel
- Adobe PageMaker 6.5
- Business/Marketing Planning
- CAD Library Development and Maintenance
- AutoDesk AutoCAD R14
- Adobe Photoshop
- Home Design
- customer service/sales
- internet marketing
- Sales & Marketing
- Competition Entry Preparation
- proposal writing
- Archival Development
- Marker Renderings
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- AutoDesk AutoCAD R13
- Space Planning
- Colored Pencil Rendering
- 3D CAD Modeling
- Softdesk 8
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Construction Documentation
- Document Coordination
- Contract Administration
- Client Relations
- Autodesk Autocad 2000i
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Document Scanners
- File Transfer Protocol
- Construction Site Visits
- Regulatory Relations
- Architectural Craft & Innovation
- Architectural Detailing
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Planning
- Urban Development
- Architectural Desktop
- Jurisdictional Relations
- AutoDesk AutoCAD 2007
- Master Planning
- Construction Documents
- Government Meetings
- Product Research
- Microsoft Project – Scheduling Program
- Training/occupational development
- market research
- Safety Training with Hazardous Material
- Lawn Care
- Yard work
- Heavy lifting
- Tracking products
- Chipboard Building Modeling
- Product Research and data analysis
- ADA Compliance
- Hand Drafting
- Hand Lettering
- Archival Research
- Sheet Metal
- wood working
- Office Management
- Multi-line Phone Systems
- Property Maintenance
- Equipment Maintenance
- Heavy filing
- CAD Modeling
- AutoDesk AutoCAD R12 for Windows
- Architectural Theory
- Public Speaking
- Volunteer Management
- Employee and Volunteer Training
- Employee and Volunteer Communications
- Public Relations
- Data Entry via PDA
- Team Player
- Phone Banking
- Global Positioning Systems
- sales person
- Data Collection
- Data Research
- data organization
- community relations
- Development of Marketing campaigns
- Database Management/Marketing
- Client Relations Management (CRM)
- Exhibit Planning
- Product Representation
- Bidding Research
- Market Analysis
- Seminar Development
- Portfolio Image Management
- Team Building and Project management
- Cross Functional Team Leadership
- Program Management
- Organizational Development
- Staff Development
- Design Sensibility
- Auto CAD R11
- Model Building
- Freehand Drawing
- architectural history
- Certified Sustainable Building Advisor
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Conducting Meetings
- Adobe Illustrator
- Online Analytical Processing
- Customer Care
- Customer Support
- Adobe Pagemaker 6.0
- Graphic Arts
- Auto CAD R12 for windows
- Club Formation
- Research Writing
- Racquet Ball
- Liberal Arts
- Auto CAD R 12 for Windows
- Adobe PageMaker
- paper mache
- Art -drawing and illustrating
- Course Development
- Innovation & Change Management
- Linked In
- Google SketchUP
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- National Historic Trust for Preservation
- Washington University Alumni Group
- Docomomo U.S.A.
- Modern Architecture Preservation
- Fine Art
- Phoenix Job Fair
- Phoenix Career Fair
- James Turrell Captures a Slice of the Vast Texas Sky with Twilight Epiphany Pavilion
- Detroit Mayor Endorses Seed Money for Urban Agriculture